POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray and SMP support : POV-Ray and SMP support Server Time
5 Aug 2024 20:14:52 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray and SMP support
From: Christian Parpart
Date: 31 Jul 2002 16:45:14
Message: <3d484c5a@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

I unfortunately miss that feature. I've a Linux SMP machine and would like
to provit from it in my POV-Ray times as well ;)

I just made a picture with radiosity and it's still computing - since 3 +1/2
hours :(((. It would be 2x faster if it would use both CPUs.

This could be implemented for example by having 2 processes with concurrent
pixel computation. (that's how I'd implement it ;)

Thanks,
Christian Parpart.

p.s: I hope that some developers are watching to the NG.